SPF's Outer Haven

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skits, Parodies, and Forums

4 posters

Not sure if want...

worf_killin_shat
    worf_killin_shat
    Creepy Mother Fucker

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Not sure if want... Empty Not sure if want...

Post  worf_killin_shat Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:53 pm

So what's everyone's opinion on what Blizzard's doing to Starcraft 2?

For those who haven't heard, They'll be releasing The Terran campaign first, then the Zerg and Protoss campaigns seperately at a later date.

Multiplayer will be completely intact in all three versions, it's just that if you want to play the Zerg/Protoss storylines or, you know, have interest in ADVANCING THE PLOT, then you're just gonna have to sit on your hands for who knows how long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft_II

^^ Source

Me personally, I'm glad that they're spending a lot of time on the campaign and expanding it instead of focusing only on the multiplayer, but knowing Blizzard and their habit of "releasing when it's done" I don't think we'll see the other campaigns any time soon after the first.

Anyways, opinions?
    Zetsubou J
    Zetsubou J
    God-King

Male Number of posts : 49

Not sure if want... Empty Re: Not sure if want...

Post  Zetsubou J Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:53 pm

Ok, that's just fuckin' gay. Luckily my PC is nowhere near good enough to play Starcraft 2, so this won't be a problem for me. Doesn't change the fact that it's gay though.
    TSMelvin
    TSMelvin
    Fanbase Component Grade B

Male Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-02-03

Post  TSMelvin Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:35 am

I don't have a problem with that. Is that really going to effect sales or the quality of the game?
    Zenkimaru
    Zenkimaru
    God-King

Male Number of posts : 7
    Location : Iceland or the Philippines or Hasting or this place

Post  Zenkimaru Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:08 pm

I think it's pretty cool just because it gets the multiplayer portion of the game to us quicker. However I'm not to keen on the idea of waiting another 2 years to get the protoss campaign which is the only one I' am interested in.
    worf_killin_shat
    worf_killin_shat
    Creepy Mother Fucker

Number of posts : 45

Post  worf_killin_shat Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 am

Along with getting muiltiplayer fully intact, I've heard loose talk about Blizz releasing an upgraded version of B.net with the game, so multiplayer fans rejoice!

Too bad the singleplayer fans get the shit end of the deal. I agree with Zenkimaru, I don't like the idea of waiting a while to get a certain campaign when the original Starcraft and it's expansion, Broodwar, shipped with all three campaigns. I know that they're putting a lot of effort and content into singleplayer, but I feel like Blizz is trying to get more money out of the fanbase by seperating the story.

It won't affect quality, TSMelvin, but it might affect sales if a good portion of the fanbase buy the first game just for the mulitplayer. I don't know what Blizz plans to counter that.

I'll still be buying the games regardless, but this just annoys me, and I felt like bringing it to everyone's attention.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am