SPF's Outer Haven

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skits, Parodies, and Forums

4 posters

Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii.

worf_killin_shat
    worf_killin_shat
    Creepy Mother Fucker

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii. Empty Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii.

Post  worf_killin_shat Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:53 am

Okay, so this is old news for those of you who visit n4g regularly, but it's new to me.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172848

Crytek, the developers of Crysis and Far Cry have bought Free Radical and named the company Crytek UK.

The reason why Crytek purchased Free Radical was because of the company's experience with Console shooters (Let's all forget Haze for a second). Rightfully so, TimeSplitters is an awesome series.

Not only that, but Crytek UK also plan to rehire some of the FR staff that were made redundant before the company went under.

I'm obviously excited about this! TimeSplitters 4 is still coming! How it's going to turn out with a new company behind it, I don't know. It might keep the humor that kept the games funny, or it might be a more "realistic" shooter, a' la Crysis.

Oh, and Dead Space for the Wii. Called, "Dead Space Extraction."

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=59955

It's a rail-shooter... just like Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and a prequel that introduces a new heroine to the overall story...

And this little quote from the article:

"Nintendo has a wonderful history in the horror genre and we are thrilled to build on that tradition with Dead Space Extraction..."

What history?! Luigi's Mansion?! Okay, so they did have Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Resident Evil REmake, but what else?

It might be good, but considering it's EA, and Wii rail-shooters weren't exactly loyal to plot *cough*Umbrella Chronicles*cough* I don't have high hopes, Especially since the main team is working on that Dante's Inferno game.

... How can the Wii sell so many units despite it getting the shittiest games? It's a wonder what a cheap price tag can do.
    Zetsubou J
    Zetsubou J
    God-King

Male Number of posts : 49

Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii. Empty Re: Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii.

Post  Zetsubou J Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:06 am

First Dead Rising, and now Dead Space. What's Nintendo gonna cock up next?
    stark
    stark
    N00b c4k3

Male Number of posts : 8

Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii. Empty Re: Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii.

Post  stark Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:41 am

Wait, you mean you aren't excited about "Chop 'Til You Drop"?!

In all seriousness, though, I'm holding off on passing judgment on the Dead Rising game at the moment, since it seems just a bit early to start calling it shitty and cocked up. Call me an optimist, I guess.

Then again, Kotaku's picture for the original article made me laugh:

Crytek buys Free Radical... and Dead Space for the Wii. Dswii
    Danji
    Danji
    Lord of the God-Kings

Male Number of posts : 73

Post  Danji Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Crytek happens to be the exact opposite of Free Radical..so I find it odd that they bought them. Oh well, it's all good. Hopefully we'll get another TimeSplitters like 2 sometime soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 am